06 November 2013

Polenta with roasted vegetables


A few posts ago I gave you my secret to a simple, roasted chicken (it's the lemons) and as a side to our delicious main course I roasted a ton of vegetables.  Red beets, butternut squash, and brussel sprouts this time since I had them on hand.   I made sure to make extra because I wanted to have leftovers the next day for lunch. 

There is nothing better (in my opinion) than warm, cheesy, smooth polenta with roasted vegetables for a lunch on a dreary day.  Only two out of the four of us will eat this so I save it for my lunch when I know I'll have time to myself.  They just don't know what they are missing!    


Bring a saucepan of chicken broth up to a rolling boil.   Pour in stone ground cornmeal, using a whisk to stir constantly while adding the cornmeal.   Please take care to turn the heat down to medium before this step or the polenta can start to bubble and burn you as it thickens up.


To serve, I stir in butter, thyme, and Parmesan cheese and place a scoop of the roasted vegetables on the top. 


Simple, delicious and satisfying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...