06 June 2011

Monogram letter

My 1st grader wanted to give something to his teacher this year as a last day of school gift so I found this project with the help of my TwoPeas friends and we worked on it yesterday.  Easy and so cute!  (With a bonus flower bouquet from my gardens)

Here's a link to the project directions on another site.   I'll post mine too.
 
---- Supply list ----
-colored pencils (or crayons or regular pencils)
-sharpener
-for cutting I used this little miter box and thin saw
-small clamp
-glue
-rice paper or other nice scrapbook paper
-picture frame
-monogram letter printout from Word
-we used rub on letters for the name 


Next he lined up all the colors in the order he wanted to use them






He sharpened them all








We marked the length we needed to cover the monogram letter and he cut them using a little clamp to hold the pencil steady in the miter box.   you can see a few already cut in the picture on the left.  








All cut and ready to be moved to the final paper.


We used a piece of thicker rice paper with a nice texture and some paper fibers visible.   Placed the printed monogram letter underneath for a gluing guide.




Once the pencils were glued in place and the glue had dried I gave him my rub on letters and he added her name by himself.   Placed in a frame with an extra layer of cardboard behind the rice paper so it wouldn't buckle.   Glass was removed from the frame.  
Very cute!   Hope she likes it!!  



:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...