10 January 2014

Cold process soap making - part two


Welcome back!   You will remember I am in the middle of my first batch of cold process soap, so let's see where we left off.....

 

After pouring into my soap mold, I put the lid on and wrapped it well in three towels for insulation.  



Then we wait for 18 to 24 hours.   Again, I am impatient by nature so as soon as I woke up after 18 hours or so, I unwrapped the loaf and here is what I have!

It looks like soap.    It smells wonderful!   Like citrus. 



Take off the wingnuts and remove an end, slide the knife along the long edge and pop out the soap.



I peeled back the wax paper and started slicing the bars apart and voila!   SOAP!

I think.   I mean, I still have to wait another month or so until it cures completely.   But it looks nice and even, it smells lovely and I cannot wait to try it out!  



So that is cold process soap.  Now, what scents to try next?.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...