19 May 2011

a border

You know when you get an idea for a project and you just have to do it right then, no matter what else you have going on?  That's what happened yesterday.  Mid packing for kids, getting gear ready for my weekend, cleaning the whole house, getting laundry cleaned, dried, folded and - here's the hard part - put away, I woke up with an itch to start something to do with this border so I could feel as if I worked on something creative this month.  
After dragging out the bin, box and machine I though I'd try a rainbow border on my Olive quilt.  I have 2 1/2 inch strips of all the colors I put in the 9 patches, plus a few extras that didn't make the initial cut.  Here's a grouping of color shades.
  
 

Stitched them together into strips of 4.  












Cut 2 inch strips from these.

I added another 2 inch strip of white around the entire quilt.  I didn't really like the look of the colors directly against the block I did previously.


and here's the general layout.  

I think one more strip of white around the edges before trying to figure out a binding.

Now, I think I'll travel with the colors and the white up to the corner but I don't want to miter them.  I'd like to find something super extra fussy to do as a corner piece.   

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...