12 September 2012

A cross-post from my school blog

I have my classroom on another page on blogger and I know this craft is a good post for both spots.


In a few weeks it will be coat weather and due to schedule changes, my younger classes will be coming right to ART after recess.  To keep coats and scarves from becoming a jumbled pile, I thought up a coat rack to hang outside my classroom.

Using the big box of spare spools, some yarn leftovers, and 2 previously painted and distressed-naturally 2x4s from my wood pile at home,  I made this quick coat rack.


Paint is Glidden Olive Oil (thank you free quart giveaway.  I knew free paint would always come in handy for an artist!) 


3" drywall screws held the spools in place and a few more secured it to the wall.   Hot glue attached the yarn to each spool.


I think I'll go down the row with the hot glue gun and my button box to cap the screws in the center too.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. You want to know the funniest part of all?

    Everyone thinks it is a piece of art and no one touches it. When I say, "Justin, you can put your sweatshirt on the coat rack" everyone that hears me says. "oh!! That's what it is! I thought it was art!"

    Lol!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...