12 August 2012

Another baby quilt!


Inspired to really get something fun accomplished just for myself, I dug around in the fabric bin for a different color combination for this baby quilt.   The parents to be are waiting for the surprise at the birth, so no pinks and blues here.   Instead I picked out some golden yellows, aqua, and peach just to see what I could come up with.

First, a little strip piecing....


then I split the top and flipped the stripe around in the other direction for an accent.



(ignore the strings!)

 






one more pieced accent stripe on the back and it's all ready to sandwich together.

I think I'll use the peach color for a binding to set it off.




What do you think of the color combination? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...